Proving your identity and ownership of a property.
As with all Estate Agents, Joyce Clarke Estate Agents is subject to the Money Laundering Regulations 2007. This means that we have to obtain and hold identification and proof of address for all customers. Additionally, we are also required to establish whether there are any beneficial owners on whose behalf the transaction or activity is taking place, hence, we would request you to identify anyone who you would consider to be a beneficial owner. Where appropriate, the source or destination of funds may also be requested. Without this information we will be unable to proceed with any work on your behalf.
Below is a list of acceptable identity documents. We require sight of all original or certified documents. Subject to your individual circumstances, Joyce Clarke may liaise with you for further/other documentation.
We will require one document from List A and one recent document from List B dated within the past 3 months.
Individual identity documents
List A - Identity Document
- Current signed passport.
- Valid UK driving licence.
- EEA member state identity card.
List B - Proof of Address
- Utility bill.
- Mortgage statement.
- Bank / building society statement.
- Valid UK driving licence (if not used for List A as ID).
- State pension benefits book.
- Home or motor insurance certificate.
- Current local authority tax bill / tenancy agreement.
- Solicitors letter confirming house purchased/ land registration.
- NHS Medical card.
If you are acting as a Representative of an Estate we require the following:
- Grant of Probate (if a Will was left).
- Letter of administration (if no Will left).
- Individual identity evidence from List A & B for the Personal Representative, either executor or administrator.
If you are acting as a Representative of a UK Company we will also require the following:
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Articles of Association.
- Memorandum of Association.
- Latest Annual Return or Confirmation Statement, with details of current company officers.
- If offshore, nominee director declaration and a general power of attorney.
- Individual identity evidence from List A and B for all individuals or entities with 25% or more of the shares or voting rights in the company.
If you are acting as a Representative of an Offshore Company we will also require the following:
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Articles of Association, Memorandum of Association, Latest Annual Return with details of current company officers, Share Certificate(s) showing the Ultimate Beneficial Owner.
- Certificate of Incumbency.
- If the shares are owned by another company, repeat steps above for the holding company.
- Nominee director declaration and/or general Power of Attorney (if applicable).
- Individual identity evidence from List A & B for all individuals or entities with 25% or more of the shares or voting rights in the company.
If you are acting as a Representative of a Trust we require the following:
- Trust deed.
- List of trustees.
- List of beneficiaries.
- Individual Identity evidence from List A & B for all individuals with a vest interest in 25% or more of the capital and/or those who exercise control over the Trust